1. Phytoremediation mechanisms of heavy metal polluted soils by turfgrass species
2. Zero-waste urban design based on green roofs
3. Maximize rainwater retention for non-irrigation green roof design
4. Pollution control and landscape improvement for urban agriculture
Honors and Awards:
New Century Excellent Talents in University, Ministry of Education, P.R.China, 2004
Board of Directors, International Turfgrass Society, 2009-2013
Board of Directors, Course Management Committee, China Golf Association
Vice director, Turfgrass Committee, Shanghai Golf Association
Turfgrass Variety Released:
1. SPORTS Bermudagrass. 2006. A common Bermudagrass variety bred for soccer field and golf fairways.
2. CIVIL Centpedegrass. 2009. A low maintenance centpedegrass variety selected from local resources for urban landscape and golf rough.
1) Hu, S., Liu, L.J., Zuo, S.F., Ali, M., Wang, Z.L*. 2020. Soil salinity control and cauliflower quality promotion by intercropping with five turfgrass species. Journal of Cleaner Production, 266:121991.
2) Dong, Q; Fei, L; Wang, C; Hu, S; Wang, ZL*. Cadmium excretion via leaf hydathodes in tall fescue and its phytoremediation potential. Environmental Pollution, 2019, 252:1406-1411.
3) Cao, JJ; Hu, S; Dong, Q; Liu, LJ; Wang, ZL*. Green roof cooling contributed by plant species with different photosynthetic strategies. Energy & Biuldings, 2019, 195:45-50.
4) Wang, Y; Meng, DP; Fei, L; Dong, Q; Wang, ZL*. A novel phytoextraction strategy based on harvesting the dead leaves: Cadmium distribution and chelator regulations among leaves of tall fescue. Science of the Total Environment, 2019, 650:3041-3047.
5) Dong, Q; Hu, S; Fei, L; Liu, LJ; Wang, ZL*. Interaction between Cd and Zn on metal accumulation, translocation and
mineral nutrition in tall fescue (Festuca arundinacea). International Journal of Molecular Science, 2019, 20, 3332.
6) Hu, S; Liu, LJ.; Cao, JJ; Chen N; Wang, ZL*. Water Resilience by Centipedegrass Green Roof: A Case Study. Buildings, 2019, 9, 141.
7) Li, XX; Cao, JJ; Xu, PX; Fei, L; Dong, Q; Wang, ZL*. Green roofs: Effects of plant species used on runoff. Land Degradation & Development, 2018, 29:3628-3638.
8) Fei, L; Xu, PX; Dong, Q; Mo, Q; Wang, ZL*. Young leaf protection from cadmium accumulation and regulation of nitrilotriacetic acid in tall fescue and Kentucky bluegrass. Chemosphere, 2018, 212:124-132.
9) Li, XX; Chen, XB; Weber-Siwirska, M; Cao, JJ; Wang, ZL*. Effects of rice-husk biochar on sand-based rootzone amendment and creeping bentgrass growth. Urban Forestry & Urban Greening, 2018, 35:165-173.
10) Dong, Q; Xu, PX; Wang, ZL*. Differentail cadmium distribution and translocation in roots and shoots related to hyper-tolerence between tall fescue and Kentucky bluegrass. Frontiers in Plant Science, 2017, 8, 113.
11) Wang, ST; Dong, Q; Wang, ZL*. Differential effects of citric acid on cadmium uptake and accumulation between tall fescue and Kentucky bluegrass. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety, 2017, 145:200-206.
12) Meng DP, Xu PX, Dong Q, Wang ST, Wang ZL*. Comparison of foliar and root application of potassium phosphate in regulating cadmium translocation and accumulation in tall fescue (Festuca arundinacea). Water Air & Soil Pollution, 2017, 228:118.
Address: 800 Dongchuan RD. Minhang District, Shanghai, China Copyright © 2010 Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Support by： Wei Cheng