Food Science and Engineering Department
Address: Room 213, Agricultural Innovative Building
1.Correlation between food structure-quality-nutritional/functional properties
2.Food soft matter physics
3.Food hydrocolloid science and technology
2002.04-2005.03 Ph.D., Food and Health Science, Osaka City University, Japan
1999.09-2002.03 M.Sc., Polymer Chemistry and Physics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
1995.09-1999.07 B.Eng., Polymer Science and Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
Prof. Fang mainly focus on the study of the interactions between food hydrocolloids and food components with the aims to establish the principles and methodologies of improving food stabilities and qualities. He authored more than 120 SCI/EI indexed papers with a total citation of > 2000.
1. Bing Hu, Lingyu Han, Ruixiang Ma, Glyn O. Phillips, Katsuyoshi Nishinari, Yapeng Fang*. All-Natural Food-Grade Hydrophilic-Hydrophobic Core-Shell Microparticles: Facile Fabrication Based on Gel-Network-Restricted Antisolvent Method, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2019, Doi:10.1021/acsami.9b00980.
2. Meng Zhao, Ying Wang, Xue Huang, Michael Gaenzle, Zhengjun Wu, Katsuyoshi Nishinari, Nan Yang, Yapeng Fang*. Ambient storage of microencapsulated Lactobacillus plantarum ST-III by complex coacervation of type-A gelatin and gum arabic, Food & Function, 2018, 9, 1000-1008.
3. Nan Yang, Ruihe Lv, Junji Jia, Katsuyoshi Nishinari, Yapeng Fang*. Application of Microrheology in Food Science, Annual Review of Food Science and Technology, 2017, 8, 493-521.
4. Zhiming Gao, Yapeng Fang*, Yiping Cao, Hua Liao, Katsuyoshi Nishinari, Glyn O. Phillips. Hydrocolloid-food component interactions, Food Hydrocolloids, 2017, 68, 149-156.
5. Yiping Cao, Shugang Li, Yapeng Fang*, Katsuyoshi Nishinari, Glyn O. Phillips. Conformational transition of polyelectrolyte as influenced by electrostatic complexation with protein, Biomacromolecules, 2016, 17, 3949-3956.
6. Hua Liao, Wenjia Ai, Ke Zhang, Makoto Nakauma, Takahiro Funami, Yapeng Fang*, Katsuyoshi Nishinari, Kurt I. Draget, Glyn O. Phillips. Mechanisms of oligoguluronate modulating the calcium-induced gelation of alginate, Polymer, 2015, 74, 166-175.
7. Yiping Cao, Lu Wang, Ke Zhang, Yapeng Fang*, Katsuyoshi Nishinari, Glyn O. Phillips. Mapping the complex phase behaviors of aqueous mixtures of κ-carrageenan and type B gelatin, Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 2015, 119(30), 9982-9992.
8. Xiaolin Yao, Qiong Xu, Dazhi Tian, Nana Wang, Yapeng Fang*, Zhongyang Deng, Glyn O. Phillips and Jiang Lu. Physical and chemical stability of gum arabic-stabilized conjugated linoleic acid oil in water emulsions. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 2013, 61(19), 4639–4645.
9. Xiangyang Li, Yapeng Fang*, Saphwan Al-Assaf, Glyn O. Phillips, Fatang Jiang. Complexation of bovine serum albumin and sugar beet pectin: stabilizing oil-in-water emulsions. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 2012, 388(1), 103–111.
10. Xiangyang Li, Yapeng Fang*, Saphwan Al-Assaf, Glyn O. Phillips, Xiaolin Yao, Yifeng Zhang, Meng Zhao, Ke Zhang, Fatang Jiang. Complexation of bovine serum albumin and sugar beet pectin: structural transitions and phase diagram. Langmuir, 2012, 28(27), 10164-10176.
Second Prize of Natural Science Award of Hubei Province, China, 2017
Ten Thousand Talent Program, China, 2016
Excellent Young Scholar, National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2013
Young Scientist Excellence Award, IUFoST, 2012
Associate editor of Food Hydrocolloids
Address: 800 Dongchuan RD. Minhang District, Shanghai, China Copyright © 2010 Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Support by： Wei Cheng