Department of Food Science and Engineering
1) Food Quality Analysis; 2) Food Safety and Detection
Dr. Lu earned his Ph.D. degree in analytical chemistry from Ohio University. His main research interest involves in food analysis using instrumental analysis techniques, including liquid chromatography, infrared spectroscopy, mass spectrometry, etc., combined with chemometrics modelling. He is currently studying non-targeted adulteration detection technique for safety assurance in milk and other foods. He is also a member of American Chemical Society.
Food analysis, 2017 (secondary major, undergraduate)
Feeds and veterinary drugs detection lab, 2013-2017 (undergraduate)
Introduction to food science, 2015-2017 (undergraduate)
Food quality and safety detection technique, 2017 (graduate)
Current progress on food fraud detection, 2016-2017 (an International summer school course)
1.“Milk fraud detection method research based on multi-way UPLC-MS and UPC2-MS fingerprinting techniques”, National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 31501553)
2.“Suitability of flow injection mass spectrometry (FIMS) in detecting selected milk and oil adulterants”, Nestec Ltd.
3.“Development of an expert system for diary product analysis” Shanghai Jiao Tong University startup fund for young talent (Grant No. 13X100040047)
1. Du, L., Lu, W.*, Cai, Z., Bao, L., Hartmann, C., Gao, B., & Yu, L.* Rapid detection of milk adulteration using intact protein flow injection mass spectrometric fingerprints combined with chemometrics. Food Chemistry 2018, 240, 573-578.
2. Lu, W., Liu, J.*, Gao, B., Lv, X., & Yu, L.* Technical note: Nontargeted detection of adulterated plant proteins in raw milk by UPLC-quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometric proteomics combined with chemometrics. Journal of Dairy Science 2017, 100(9), 6980-6986.
3. Qin, Y.; Gao, B.; Shi, H.; Cao, J.; Yin, C.; Lu, W.; Yu, L.; Cheng, Z.* Characterization of flavonol mono-, di-, tri- and tetra-O-glycosides by ultra-performance liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry and its application for identification of flavonol glycosides in Viola tianschanica. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis 2017, 142, 113–124.
4. Gao, B.; Luo, Y.; Lu, W.; Liu, J.; Zhang, Y.; Yu, L.* Triacylglycerol compositions of sunflower, corn and soybean oils examined with supercritical CO2 ultra-performance convergence chromatography combined with quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry. Food Chemistry 2017, 218, 569-574.
5. Yu, L.*; Lu, W.; Liu, J.; Du, L. Review on non-targeted detection technique for food safety and quality. Journal of Food Science and Technology 2016, 34(6), 1-6. (In Chinese)
6. Zou, C.; Shi, H.; Liu, X.; Sheng, Y.; Ding, T.; Yan, J.; Gao, B.; Liu, J.; Lu, W.; Yu, L.* Conjugated linolenic acids and nutraceutical components in Jiaogulan (Gynostemma pentaphyllum) seeds. LWT - Food Science and Technology 2016, 68, 111-118
7. Lv, X.; Lu, W.*; Yu, L., Differentiating geographical and seasonal variations of milk production using ultraperformance liquid chromatography amino acid fingerprints combined with chemometrics analyses. Journal of Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Agricultural Science) 2016, 34(5), 50-57. (In Chinese)
8. Lu, W.; Lv, X.; Gao, B.; Shi, H.; Yu, L.* Differentiating milk and non-milk proteins by UPLC amino acid fingerprints combined with chemometric data analysis techniques. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 2015, 63, 3996-4002.
9. Lu, W.; Jiang, Q.; Shi, H.; Niu, Y.; Gao, B.; Yu, L., Partial least-squares-discriminant analysis differentiating Chinese wolfberries by UPLC–MS and flow injection mass spectrometric (FIMS) fingerprints. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 2014, 62, 9073-9080.
10. Gao, B.; Qin, F.; Ding, T.; Chen, Y.; Lu, W.*; Yu, L.* Differentiating organically and conventionally grown oregano using ultraperformance liquid chromatography mass spectrometry (UPLC-MS), headspace gas chromatography with flame ionization detection (headspace-GC-FID), and flow injection mass spectrum (FIMS) fingerprints combined with multivariate data analysis. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 2014, 62, 8075-8084.
11. Lu, W.; Niu, Y.; Yang, H.; Sheng, Y.; Shi, H.*; Yu, L.* Simultaneous HPLC quantification of five major triterpene alcohol and sterol ferulates in rice bran oil using a single reference standard. Food Chemistry 2014, 148, 329-334.
12. Zhou, Q.; Lu, W.; Niu, Y.; Liu, J.; Zhang, X.; Gao, B.; Akoh, C. C.; Shi, H.; Yu, L.* Identification and quantification of phytochemical composition and anti-inflammatory, cellular antioxidant, and radical scavenging activities of 12 plantago species. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 2013, 61, 6693-6702.
13. Bi Y.; Xie Q.; Peng S.; Lu W. Slice transform based weight updating strategy for PLS. Journal of Chemometrics 2012, 26(11-12), 565-575.
14. Lu, W.; Rankin J.G.; Bondra A.; Trader C.; Heeren A.; Harrington P.B. Ignitable liquid identification using gas chromatography/mass spectrometry data by projected difference resolution mapping and fuzzy rule-building expert system classification. Forensic Science International 2012, 220(1-3), 210-218.
15. Lu, W.; Callahan, J.H.; Fry, F.S.; Andrzejewski, D.; Musser, S.M.; Harrington, P.B. A discriminant based charge deconvolution analysis pipeline for protein profiling of whole cell extracts using liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry. Talanta 2011, 84(4), 1180-1187.
16. Lu, W.; Harrington, P.B.* Radial basis function cascade correlation networks. Algorithms 2009, 2, 1045-1068.
17. Bao, X.; Chen, N.; Lu, W.; Cheng Z.; Luo, Y.; Lu, W.; Xia, Y. Phase diagram of the CsBr-CaBr2 system. Rare Metals 2006, 25(3), 293-296.
18. Lu, W.; Bao, X.*; Lu, W.; Liu, L.; Chen, N. On the formability of the alloy phases with perovskite and structures. Computers and Applied Chemistry 2006, 23(11), 1091-1094. (In Chinese)
*denotes corresponding author(s)
1. Lu, W.; Shi, H.; Yu, L., Exploratory chemometric analysis on source of origin and cultivar of Chinese wolfberries using liquid chromatograph-mass spectrometric and flow injection mass spectrometric (FIMS) fingerprints. In The chemical sensory informatics of food: Measurement, analysis, integration, American Chemical Society: 2015; Vol. 1191, pp 279-292.
2. Lu, W. Nutraceuticals: Possible Future Ingredients and Food Safety Aspects. In ensuring global food safety- Exploring global harmonization, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Press: 2015 (Chinese Translation)
Lu, W.; Liu, J.; Shi H. A rapid method to construct prediction model of hepatotoxicity for phenolic compounds. State Intellectual Property Office of the P. R. C., ZL 201310461025.7. (In Chinese)
Awards and Honors
Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry Excellence in Review Award (2016)
1st Most Popular Youth Teacher Award (Xue Wenfang & Huang Bolin Teaching Award), 3rd prize (2016)
American Chemical Society Membership Award (2015)
Address: 800 Dongchuan RD. Minhang District, Shanghai, China Copyright © 2010 Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Support by： Wei Cheng