Department of Resources & Environment
1) Biochar Technology
2) Soil Remediation Technologies
3) Environmental Science
Dr. Guoqing Shen is a professor of environmental chemistry and associate chair in the Department of Environment and Resources at Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU). He earned his Ph.D. degree in Environmental Engineering at SJTU. He was a senior visiting scholar at University of California, Riverside (UCR) and the USDA George E. Brown Salinity Laboratory. His research mainly lies in studying soil quality and environmental sustainability. Most of his research is interdisciplinary, including (1) biochar and soil remediation technology; (3) environmental chemistry of antibiotics, plasticizers (such as phthalates), PAHs, pesticides and heavy metal; (4) Transformation, transport, bioavailability, plant uptake and risk mitigation of organic chemicals in soil environment.
- Lili Yan, Zhichun Li, Mingxing Sun, Guoqing Shen*, Liang Li*. Stable and flexible CuInS2/ZnS: Al-TiO2 film for solar light-driven photodegradation of soil fumigant. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. 2016 8 (31), 20048-20056 (IF= 7.145)
- Guoqing Shen, Daniel J. Ashworth*, Jay Gan, Scott. R. Yates. Biochar amendment to the soil surface reduces fumigant emissions and enhances soil microorganism recovery. Environmental Science & Technology. 2016, 50, 1182−1189 (IF=5.393)
- Lili Yan, Long Kong , Zan Qu , Liang Li* , Guoqing Shen*. Magnetic biochar decorated with ZnS nanocrytals for Pb (II) removal. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 2015,3,125-132.（IF= 5.267）
- Guofeng Shang, Guoqing Shen*, Liang Liu, Qin Chen , Zhiwei Xu. Kinetics and mechanisms of hydrogen sulfide adsorption by biochars. Bioresource Technology 2013，133:495-49 (IF=5.039).
- Guoqing Shen∗, Xuan Hu, Yinan Hu. Kinetic study of the degradation of the insecticide pymetrozine in a vegetable-field ecosystem. Journal of Hazardous Materials.2009,164：497-501. (IF=4.144).
- Jiaolong Qin, Yuxiao Cheng, Mingxing Sun, Lili Yan, Guoqing Shen*. Catalytic degradation of the soil fumigant 1,3-dichloropropene in aqueous biochar slurry. Science of the Total Environment, 2016 , 569, 1-8. (IF= 3.976).
- Yan Zhang, Guoqing Shen*, Yueshu Yu, Hongling Zhu. The hormetic effect of cadmium on the activity of antioxidant enzymes in the earthworm Eisenia fetida Environmental Pollution 2009， 157： 3064–3068 (IF=3.426)
- Ping Chen, Hui Zhou, Jay Gan, Mingxing Sun, Guofeng Shang，Liang Liu, Guoqing Shen* Optimization and determination of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in biochar-based fertilizers. Journal of Separation Science，2015，38（5）：864-870. ( IF=2.741)
- Yin Hu, Guoqing Shen*, Honglin Zhu, Guanxin Jiang. A Class-Specific Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay based on magnetic particles for multiresidue organophosphorus pesticides. Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry.2010: 58，2801-2806 （IF:2.469）
- Liang Liu，Ping Chen，Mingxing Sun, Guoqing Shen*,Guofeng Shang. Effect of biochar amendment on PAH dissipation and indigenous degradation bacteria in contaminated soil. Journal of Soils and Sediments , 2015，15：313-322（IF=2.206）