1. Turfgrass stress physiology
2. Turfgrass resources & breeding
3. Turf Management for Golf Course & sports fields
4. Green Roofs
HONORS AND AWARDS:
New Century Excellent Talents in University, Ministry of Education, P.R.China, 2004
Board of Directors, International Turfgrass Society, 2009-2013
Board of Directors, Course Management Committee, China Golf Association
Vice director, Turfgrass Committee, Shanghai Golf Association
TURFGRASS VARIETY RELEASED:
1. SPORTS Bermudagrass. 2006. A common Bermudagrass variety bred for soccer field and golf fairways.
2. CIVIL Centpedegrass. 2009. A low maintenance centpedegrass variety selected from local resources for urban landscape and golf rough.
1. Hu, LX; Wang, ZL; Huang, BR. Diffusion limitations and metabolic factors associated with inhibition and recovery of photosynthesis from drought stress in a C-3 perennial grass species. PHYSIOLOGIA PLANTARUM. 2010. 139(1): 93-106
2. Hu, LX; Wang, ZL; Du, HM, et al. Differential accumulation of dehydrins in response to water stress for hybrid and common bermudagrass genotypes differing in drought tolerance. JOURNAL OF PLANT PHYSIOLOGY. 2010. 167( 2): 103-109
3. Shen, H; Du, HM; Wang, ZL, et al. Differential Responses of Nutrients to Heat Stress in Warm-season and Cool-season Turfgrasses. HORTSCIENCE. 2009. 44(7): 2009-2014
4. Hu, LX; Wang, ZL; Huang, BR. Photosynthetic Responses of Bermudagrass to Drought Stress Associated with Stomatal and Metabolic Limitations. CROP SCIENCE. 2009. 49(5): 1902-1909
5. Du, HM; Wang, ZL; Huang, BR. Differential responses of tall fescue and zoysiagrass to heat and drought stress. ACTA HORTICULTURAE, 2008, 783: 207-213.
6. Wang, ZL; Sun, JX; Li, J, et al. Heat resistance enhanced by trinexapac-ethyl and benzyladenine combination in creeping bentgrass. HORTSCIENCE, 2006, 41(7): 1711-1714.
7. Pote, J; Wang, ZL; Huang, BR. Timing and temperature of physiological decline for creeping bentgrass. JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR HORTICULTURAL SCIENCE, 2006, 131(5): 608-615.
8. Luo YY, Gianfagna TJ, Janes HW, Huang B, Wang Z, Xing J. Expression of the ipt gene with the AGPase s1 promoter in tomato results in unbranched roots and delayed leaf senescence. PLANT GROWTH REGULATION, 2005, 47(1): 47-57.
9. Wang, ZL; Huang, BR. Physiological recovery of Kentucky bluegrass from simultaneous drought and heat stress. CROP SCIENCE, 2004, 44(5):1729-1736.
10. Wang, ZL; Huang, BR; Bonos, SA, et al. Abscisic acid accumulation in relation to drought tolerance in Kentucky bluegrass. HORTSCIENCE, 2004, 39(5): 1133-1137.
11. DaCosta, M; Wang, ZL; Huang, BR. Physiological adaptation of Kentucky bluegrass to localized soil drying. CROP SCIENCE, 2004, 44(4): 1307-1314.
12. Xu, QZ; Huang, BR; Wang, ZL. Effects of extended daylength on shoot growth and carbohydrate metabolism for creeping bentgrass exposed to heat stress. JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR HORTICULTURAL SCIENCE, 2004, 129(2):193-197.
13. Wang, ZL; Xu, QZ; Huang, BR. Endogenous cytokinin levels and growth responses to extended photoperiods for creeping bentgrass under heat stress. CROP SCIENCE, 2004, 44(1):209-213.
14. Wang, ZL; Pote, J; Huang, BR. Responses of cytokinins, antioxidant enzymes, and lipid peroxidation in shoots of creeping bentgrass to high root-zone temperatures. JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR HORTICULTURAL SCIENCE, 2003, 128(5):648-655.
15. Xu, QZ; Huang, BG; Wang, ZL. Differential effects of lower day and night soil temperatures on shoot and root growth of creeping bentgrass. HORTSCIENCE, 2003, 38(3):449-454.
16. Wang, ZL; Huang, BR. Genotypic variation in abscisic acid accumulation, water relations, and gas exchange for Kentucky bluegrass exposed to drought stress. JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR HORTICULTURAL SCIENCE, 2003, 128(3):349-355.
17. Wang, ZL; Huang, BR; Xu, QZ. Effects of abscisic acid on drought responses of Kentucky bluegrass. JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR HORTICULTURAL SCIENCE, 2003, 128(1):36-41.
18. Wang, ZL; Mambelli, S; Setter, TL. Abscisic acid catabolism in maize kernels in response to water deficit at early endosperm development. ANNALS OF BOTANY, 2002, 90(5):623-630.
19. Xu, QZ; Huang, BR; Wang, ZL. Photosynthetic responses of creeping bentgrass to reduced root-zone temperatures at supraoptimal air temperature. JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR HORTICULTURAL SCIENCE, 2002, 127(5):754-758.
20. Wang, ZL; Cao, WX; Dai, TB, et al. Effects of exogenous hormones on floret development and grain set in wheat. PLANT GROWTH REGULATION, 2001, 35(3):225-231.
21. Cao, WX; Wang, ZL; Dai, TB. Changes in levels of endogenous plant hormones during floret development in wheat genotypes of different spike sizes. ACTA BOTANICA SINICA, 2000, 42(10):1026-1032.
Address: 800 Dongchuan RD. Minhang District, Shanghai, China Copyright © 2010 Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Support by： Wei Cheng