Department of Food Science and Engineering
Academic Field: Preservation and Processing of Farm Products
Phone:+ 86 21 3240-6918
1. storage and package
2. food engineering
3. texture and rheology
1993.09 – 1996.06 Ph. D. in Agricultural mechanization, Northeast Agricultural University, China
1991.06 – 1993.08 M.S. in Agricultural mechanization, Jilin Agricultural University, China
1985.09– 1986.11 Visiting Scholar, Department of Agricultural Engineering, University of MN, USA.
1978.02 – 1982.01 B.S. in Agricultural mechanization, Jilin Agricultural University, China
1999.09-present Professor, Department of Food Science and Technology, Shanghai Jiao tong University
1996.08-1998.07 Post Doctor, Department of Power and Energy, Shanghai Science and Technology University
1992.06-1999.05 Associate Professor, Department of Agricultural Engineering, Jilin Agricultural University
1984.06-1992.05 Lecturer, Department of Agricultural Engineering, Jilin Agricultural University
1982.02-1984.05 Teaching Assistant, Department of Agricultural Engineering, Jilin Agricultural University
RESEARCH GRANTS (Selected):
1. Quantitive relationship between quality and mechanics of vegetable after thermal process, National Natural Science foundation, 2013.01-2016.12.
2. The research of key technology and industrialization for Cheese products processing, Ministry of Science and Technology，2013.01-2016.12
3. The new dairy products research and development and industrialization demonstration, Ministry of Science and Technology, 2012.01-2015.12
4. The mechanism of vacuum cooling in tissue and cell of plants. National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2008.01-2010.12
5. Ready-eat for food and central kitchen management. National Ministry of Science and Technology, 2008.01-2010.12
6. The Preservation and logistic technology for fresh farm produce, National Ministry of Science and Technology, 2004.01-2005.12
7. The key technologies for functional vegetable powder. Shanghai Municipal Science Commission, 2003.01-2006.12
8. The distribution technology for fresh vegetables in Shanghai, Shanghai Municipal Science Commission, 2002.01-2004.12
1. Technology of Food Cold Chain and Shelf Prediction. Edited by Yunfei Li. Shanghai Jiao Tong University Press, 2015
2. Texture in Food-semi solid. Edited by B.M.Mckenna. Translated by Yunfei Li, Chemistry Industry Press，2007
3. Principle of Food Engineering (3rd). Edited by Yunfei Li and Keshan Ge, et al. Agricultural University Press of China. 2015
4. Physical Properties of Foods (2ed). Edited by Yunfei Li and Yongguang Yin, et al. Light Industry Press of China. 2014
1. Qiang Xia, Liping Wang, Congcong Xu, Jun Mei, Yunfei Li*，Effects of germination and high hydrostatic pressure processing on mineral elements, amino acids and antioxidants in vitro bioaccessibility, as well as starch digestibility in brown rice (Oryza sativa L.)，Food Chemistry, 2017, 214, 533–542.
2. Qiang Xia, Hong Tao, Peng Huang, Liping Wang, Jun Mei, Yunfei Li*. Minerals in vitro bioaccessibility and changes in textural and structural characteristics of uncooked pre-germinated brown rice influenced by ultra-high pressure. Food Control, 2017, 71, 336-345.
3. Qiang Xia, Jun Mei, Wenjuan Yu, Yunfei Li*. High hydrostatic pressure treatments enhance volatile components of pre-germinated brown rice revealed by aromatic fingerprinting based on HS-SPME/GC–MS and chemometric methods. Food Research International, 2017, 91, 103–114.
4. Jun Mei, Fei Feng & Yunfei Li*. Effective of different homogeneous methods on physicochemical, textural and sensory characteristics of soybean (Glycine max L.) yogurt，CyTA - Journal of Food, 2017, 15(1), 1-6.
5. Liping Wang, Congcong Xu, Peng Huang, Yunfei Li*. Single- and multi-cycle high hydrostatic pressure treatment on microbiological quality of mud snail (Bullacta exarata) during refrigerated storage, Food Control, 2016, 65, 1-7.
6. Liping Wang, Peng Huang, Yunfei Li*. Effects of thermal treatment combined with multi-cycle high pressure processing on the bacterial diversity of mud snail (Bullacta exarata) during refrigerated storage, Food Control, 2016, 69, 285-291.
7. Congcong Xu, Liping Wang, Liyu Shao, Chi Yu, Huaning Yu & Yunfei Li*. Effect of Freezing/Thawing Temperature on the Viscoelastic and Nutritional Qualities of Carrots, International Journal of Food Properties, 2016, 19, 1413–1424.
8. Congcong Xu, Yunfei Li*. Correlation of viscoelastic behavior with water state and ultrastructu re in hot air-dried carrots, Food Control, 50 (2015) 23-30
9. Congcong Xu, Chi Yu, Yunfei Li*. Effect of blanching pretreatment on carrot texture attribute, rheological behavior, and cell structure during cooking process, LWT-Food Science and Technology, 2015, 62, 48-54.
10. Jun Mei, Qizhen Guo, Yan Wu, and Yunfei Li*. Evaluation of Chitosan-Starch–Based Edible Coating To Improve the Shelf Life of Bod Ljong Cheese. Journal of Food Protection, 2015, 78 (7), 1327–1334.
11. Yong Peng, Yunfei Li*. Combined effects of two kinds of essential oils on physical, mechanical and structural properties of chitosan films. Food Hydrocolloids, 2014, 36, 287-293.
12. Congcong Xu, Yunfei Li*, Development of carrot parenchyma softening during heating detected in vivo by dynamic mechanical analysis, Food Control, 2014, 44, 214-219
13. Congcong Xu, Yunfei Li*, Huaning Yu. Effect of far-infrared drying on the water state and glass transition temperature in carrots, Journal of Food Engineering, 136 (2014) 42–47.
14. Jun Mei, Qizhen Guo, Yan Wu, Yunfei Li*. Microbial Diversity of a Camembert-Type Cheese Using Freeze-Dried Tibetan Kefir Coculture as Starter Culture by Culture-Dependent and Culture-Independent Methods, PloS one, 2014, 9(10), e111648.
15. Xiaolong Shao & Yunfei Li*. Application of Low-Field NMR to Analyze Water Characteristics and Predict Unfrozen Water in Blanched Sweet Corn, Food and Bioprocess Technology, 2013, 6, 1593–1599.
16. Yong Peng, Lu Yin & Yunfei Li*, Combined effects of lemon essential oil and surfactants on physical and structural properties of chitosan films. International Journal of Food Science and Technology, 2013, 48, 44-50
17. Yong Peng, Yan Wu*, Yunfei Li**. Development of tea extracts and chitosan composite films for active packaging materials, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2013, 59, 282-289.
18. Jun Mei, Yilin Yuan, Qizhen Guo, Yan Wu*, Yunfei Li**, Huaning Yua, Characterization and antimicrobial properties of water chestnutstarch-chitosan edible films, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. 2013, 61, 169-174.
19. Jun Mei, Yilin Yuan, Yan Wu, Yunfei Li*. Characterization of edible starch–chitosan film and its application in the storage of Mongolian cheese, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 57 (2013) 17– 21.
20. Yong Peng, Yunfei Li* and Lu Yin. Effects of edible coatings on some quality parameters of Chinese water chestnut (Eleocharis tuberosa) during storage. International Journal of Food Science & Technology, 2013, 48(7),1404-1409.
21. Xiaolong Shao & Yunfei Li*, Cell membrane damage by vacuum treatment at different pressure reduction rates. Journal of Food Process Engineering, 2012, 35, 915–922.
22. Huaning Yu, Yunfei Li*, State diagrams of freeze dried colostral whey powders: Effects of additives on the stability of colostral whey powders. Journal of Food Engineering, 2012, 110, 117-126.
23. Huaning Yu and Yunfei Li*，Sorption isotherms and thermodynamic properties of freeze-dried colostral whey powders with different additives, International Journal of Food Science and Technology, 2012,47(3), 613–619.
24. Xiaolong Shao, Yunfei Li*, Classification and Prediction by LF NMR, Food Bioprocess Technology, 2012, 5, 1817-1823
25. Yu Zhong, Xiaoyong Song and Yunfei Li*, Antimicrobial, physical and mechanical properties of Kudzu starch-chitosan composite films as a function of acid solvent types. Carbohydrate Polymers, 2011(84):335-342.
26. Yu Zhong, Yunfei Li* Effects of surfactants on the functional and structural properties of kudzu (Pueraria lobata) starch/ascorbic acid films, Carbohydrate Polymers, 2011, 85, 622-628.
27. XiaoYong Song, YunFei Li*, Yun Deng, ShuQiang Su, JiaSheng Chen. Comparison of temperatures measured with thermal infrared imaging and thermocouples in the vacuum cooling of cut rose (Rosa hybrida L. cv. First Red). The Philippine Agricultural Scientist, 2010, 93 (1), 48–57.
28. XiaoYong Song, YunFei Li*, Differences in cooling curve and postharvest physiology of vacuum-cooled individual and bunch cut rose (Rosa hybrida L.) flowers. The Philippine Agricultural Scientist, 2010, 93 (2), 186–193.
29. Ran Zhou, Shuqiang Su and Yunfei Li*, Effects of Cushioning Materials on the Firmness of Huanghua Pears (Pyrus pyrifolia Nakai, cv, Huanghua) during Distribution and Storage, Packaging Technology and Science, 2008, 21, 1-11.
30. Ying Wu, Yun Deng and Yunfei Li*, Changes in enzyme activities in abscission zone and berry drop of ‘Kyoho’ grapes under high O2 or CO2 atmospheric storage, LWT-Food Science and Technology, 41(1), 2008, 175-179.
31. Ran Zhou, Yun Mo, Yunfei Li*, Yanyun Zhao, Guixiang Zhang, Yunsheng Hu. Quality and internal characteristics of Huanghua pears(Pyrus pyrifolia Nakai, cv. Huanghua) treated with different kinds of coatings during storage. Postharvest Biology and Technology, 2008, 49, 171–179.
32. Yun Deng, Ying Wu, Yunfei Li*, Effects of high CO2 and low O2 atmospheres on the berry drop of Kyoho grapes, Food Chemistry, 100, 2007, 768-773.
33. Yun Deng, Ying Wu, Yunfei Li*, Peng Zhang, Mingduo Yangc, Changbo Shic, Changjiang Zhengc and Shanming Yuc, A mathematical model for predicting grape berry drop during storage, Journal of Food Engineering, 78( 2), 2007, 500-511.
34. Yun Deng, Ying Wuc, Yunfei Li*, Mingduo Yang, Chang Shi and Changjiang Zheng, Studies of postharvest berry abscission of ‘Kyoho’ table grapes during cold storage and high oxygen atmospheres, Postharvest Biology and Technology, 2007, 43(1) , 95-101.
35. Hongshun Yang,Yifen Wang, Shaojuan Lai, Hongjie An, Yunfei Li*, Fusheng Chen, Application of Atomic Force Microscopy as a Nanotechnology Tool in Food Science, Journal of Food Science, 72 (4), 2007, R65–R75.
36. Ran Zhou and Yunfei Li*, Texture analysis of MR image for predicting the firmness of Huanghua pears (Pyrus pyrifolia Nakai, cv, Huanghua) during storage using an artificial neural network. Magnetic Resonance Imaging, 25, 727-732, 2007.
37. Ran Zhou, Shuqiang Su, Liping Yan and Yunfei Li*, Effect of Transport vibration levels on mechanical damage and physiological responses of Huanghua Pears (Pyrus pyrifolia Nakai, cv, Huanghua), Postharvest Biology and Technology, 2007, 46, 20-28.
38. Fang Liu, Yizhi Guo, YunFei Li*. Interactions of microorganisms during natural spoilage of pork at 5oC，Journal of Food Engineering, 2006, 72(1), 24-29.
39. HongShun Yang, GuoPing Feng, HongJie An, YunFei Li*. Microstructure changes of sodium carbonate soluble pectin of peach by AFM during controlled atmosphere storage. Food Chemistry. 94(2), 179-192, 2006.
40. Hongshun Yang, Shaojuan Lai, Hongjie An, Yunfei Li*. Atomic force microscopy study of the ultrastructural changes of chelate-soluble pectin in peaches under controlled atmosphere storage, Postharvest Biology and Technology, 2006, 39, 75-83.
41. Yun Deng, Ying Wu and Yunfei Li* Physiological responses and quality attributes of ‘Kyoho’ grapes to controlled atmosphere storage, LWT-Food Science and Technology, 2006, 39(6), 2006, 584-590.
42. Fang Liu, RunQing Yang and YunFei Li*, Correlations between growth parameters of spoilage micro-organisms and shelf-life of pork stored under air and modified atmosphere at -2, 4 and 10 °C, Food Microbiology , 23(6) , 2006, 578-583.
43. Fang Liu, Yunfei Li*, Storage characteristics and relationships between microbial growth parameters and shelf life of MAP sliced onions, Postharvest Biology and Technology, 40 (3), 2006, 262-268.
44. Hongshun Yang, Hongjie An, Yunfei Li*, Manipulate and stretch single pectin molecules with modified molecular combing and fluid fixation techniques. European Food Research and Technology, 223, 2006, 78-82.
45. Yun Deng,Ying Wu, Yunfei Li*, et al. Effects of high O2 pretreatment and Gibberellic acid on sensorial quality and storability of table grape. Food Science and Technology International, 12 (4), 2006, 307-313.
46. Yun Deng, Ying Wu, YunFei Li*, Changes in firmness, cell wall composition and cell wall hydrolases of grapes stored in high oxygen atmospheres, Food Research International, 2005, 38(7), 769-776.
47. Hongshun Yang, Hongjie An, Guoping Feng, Yunfei Li*, Shaojuan Lai. Atomic force microscopy of the water soluble pectin of peaches during storage. European Food Research and Technology, 2005, 220, 587-591.
48. Guoping Feng, Hongshun Yang, Yunfei Li*. Kinetics of relative electrical conductivity and correlation with gas composition in modified atmosphere packaged bayberries (Myrica rubra Siebold and Zuccarini). LWT-Food Science and Technology, 2005, 38, 249-254.
49. Hongshun Yang, Hongjie An, Guoping Feng, Yunfei Li*. Visualization and quantitative roughness analysis of peach skin by atomic force microscopy under storage. LWT-Food Science and Technology, 2005, 38(6), 571-577.
50. Yun Deng, Ying Wu, Yunfei Li*. Effects of high O2 levels on post-harvest quality and shelf life of table grapes during long-term storage, European Food Research and Technology, 2005, 221, 392-397.
1. A machine used for kefir grains cultivation and fermentation yogurt and its preparation method, China, ZL201210334746.7, date of authorization proclamation: November 6, 2013，Sort 2.
2. A method of carboxymethyl chitosan fruit fresh keeping film coating and its preparation, China, ZL200710045893.1, date of authorization proclamation: May 19, 2010，Sort 2.
3. Shellac fresh fruit wax and its preparation method, China, Z.L.200710040473.4, date of authorization proclamation: December 8, 2010, Sort 2.
4. Logistics black box, China, ZL200510030440.2, date of authorization proclamation: December 26, 2007, Sort 2.
5. One machine used in kefir grains cultivation and fermentation yogurt, China, ZL201220459572.2, date of authorization proclamation: March 20, 2013，Sort 2.
6. Copyright of computer software Nuclear magnetic resonance instrument signal inversion software, China, 2010SR027606，Sort 2.
1.“Outstanding Teacher Award，Top Grade”, granted by Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2017
2. The Book of “ Physical Properties of Food” was evaluated as First award by Light Industry Council of China , 2014. Editor
3. The Silver Award in 8th Shanghai Student Entrepreneurship Competition. Excellent Advisor, 2014
4. The First Prize in the Shanghai 13th Student Challenge Cup Contest, Excellent Advisor, 2013
5.“Renowned Teacher” Awarded by Shanghai Education Committee, 2009.
6.“Yucai Award”, granted by Shanghai Education Committee, 2007.
7.“The Principle of Food Engineering” was named “National Quality Course” by Education Ministry of China , 2007, Responsible Teacher
8.“Outstanding Teacher Award，Top Grade”, granted by Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2007
9. The Book of “ Principle of Food Engineering” was evaluated as Second award by Shanghai Education Committee, 2005. Editor
10. The Course of "Principle and Equipment of Food Refrigeration" was evaluated as Second award by Shanghai Education Committee, 2001. Main Teacher
1. The Society of Farm Machinery of Shanghai, Storage and Preservation Section, Chairman.
2. The Society of Food Science of Shanghai, Director
3. The Education Committee of Food Science and Light Industry of Education Ministry of China, Member
4. The 4th Degree Evaluation Committee of Shanghai, Member
5. Journal of Shanghai Jiao tong University (agricultural science), Subeditor
6. Journal of Food Safety and Quality, Editor
7. Journal of Dairy Science and Technology, Editor
8. Journal of Products Processing (Academic), Editor
9. Journal of Jilin Agricultural University, Editor
Address: 800 Dongchuan RD. Minhang District, Shanghai, China Copyright © 2010 Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Support by： Wei Cheng