Professor, school of Agriculture and Biology
Education Steering Committee of Agriculture and Forest, Ministry of Education, China
Expert Committee of Zoonotic Prevention, Ministry of Agriculture, China
Expert Committee of Industrialization of Agricultural achievements, Ministry of Technology, China
Expert Committee of Technological Prize, Ministry of Education, China
Executive member of the Council of Veterinary and Public Health, China
Deputy Chairman of Shanghai Animal Farming and Veterinary Academe
Editor board of Zoonoses and Public Health; Epidemiology and Infection
Description of Research Expertise
The Hua laboratory has several areas of research that center around the identification of new emerging viral infections related with diarrhea; the understanding the pathogenesis of Eperythrozoon, Bartonella and Streptococcus suis; the establishment of animal models of human intestinal flora, human chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Study of the key strategy of prevention of Eperythrozoonosis, "863" project supported by Ministry of Technology, China
Proteomic study of Eperythrozoon suis by using shotgun strategy, natural and scientific foundation, China
Exploitation and application of mini-swine resource in China, supported by Ministry of Technology, China
Study of the mechanism of Hepatitis E virus infection, supported by Shanghai Municipal Technology and Science Committee
The second grade Award in scientific and technological Progress, Ministry of Education, China. 2009
The second grade of National Award in scientific and technological Progress, 2007
The second grade Award in scientific and technological Progress Award of Shanghai Municipal People's Government 2002
Selected publications (corresponding author):
1. Inter-species transplantation of gut microbiota from human to pigs. ISME, 2007, 156-162
2. Hepatitis E virus infection in central China and no evidence of cross-species transmission between human and swine were involved. PLoS ONE, 2009,15 , 1703- 1705
3.Identification of Aichi virus strains in stool samples from children with gastroenteritis in China. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2009, 15(10)
4. Human Parechovirus Infections from Monkeys. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2010 (In press)
5. Picornavirus Salivirus/Klassevirus Detection in Stool Associated with Diarrhea in China" Emerging Infectious Diseases 2010 (In press)
6. The first Chinese porcine Sapovirus strain that contributed to an outbreak of gastroenteritis in piglets. Journal Of Virology, 2008.5.26
7. Effctive inhibition of porcine transmissible gastroenteritis virus erplication in ST cells by shRNAs targetin RNA-dependent RNA polymerase gene. Antiviral Research 2007, 36-42.
8. Effective inhibition of hepatitis E virus replication in A549 cells and piglets by RNA
interference (RNAi) targeting RNA-dependent RNA polymerase.Antiviral Research 2009,83,274-81.
9. Human Astrovirus Infection in Children with Gastroenteritis in Shanghai
Journal of Clinical Virology, 2009,3,248-9
10. The First Detection of Human Parechovirus Infections in China. Journal of Clinical Virology, 2009 (In press)
11. The First Detection of Human Bocavirus 2 Infections in China. Journal of Clinical Virology, 2009 (In press)
12. Human Cosavirus Infections in Children with Diarrhea in China. Journal of Clinical Virology, 2010 (In press)
13. Porcine Torque Teno Virus Infections in China. Journal of Clinical Virology, 2010 (In press)
14. Molecular characterization and seroepidemiology of genotype 4 Hepatitis E virus strain in Macaca mulatta in Southwest China.Journal of Medical Virology 2009 -09-1450
15. Inhibition of Porcine Transmissible Gastroenteritis virus (TGEV)replication in mini-pigs by shRNA. Virus Research. 2010
16. The 1.8 Kb DNA fragment formerly confirmed as Mycoplasma suis (M. suis) specific was originated from the porcine genome. Veterinary Microbiology,2009, 138(1-2)
17. Proteomic study of Mycoplasma suis using the gel-based shotgun strategy. Veterinary Microbiology. 2010; 142:303-8
18. Genotype 3 hepatitis E virus existed among swine groups in 4 geographically far regions in China.Veterinary Microbiology.2010,6,193-5.
19. RNA interference inhibits hepatitis E virus mRNA accumulation and protein synthesis in vitro. Veterinary Microbiology. (5-DEC-2009 information:10.1016/j.vetmic.2009.10.023)
20. Experimental infection of Balb/c nude mice with Hepatitis E virus. BMC.Infectious Diseases. 2009, 9:93
21. Molecular Detection and Prevalence of Porcine Caliciviruses in eastern China from 2008 to 2009 Archives of Virology, 2009, 154(10)
22. Isolation and characterization of a genotype 4 Hepatitis E virus strain from an infant in China. Virology Journal, 2009, 6:24
23. Hepatitis E virus infection among domestic animals in eastern China. Zoonoses and Public Health. 2008.55, 291-298
24. Cross-species infection of hepatitis E virus on a zoo-like locat- ion, including birds. Epidemiology and Infection. 2008, 136,1020-1026
25. Study of Mycoplasma suis (Eperythrozoon suis) Infection in Pig Farms in Shanghai, China" American Journal of Veterinary Research. 2009.-70(7)
26. Effect of immunosuppressor (dexamethasone) on eperythrozoon infection. Veterinary Research communications. 2007. 661-664.
27. Isolation and characterization of a coronavirus from pigeons with pancreatitis.American Journal of Veterinary Research. 2006, 30,1575-1579.
28. Haemotrophic Mycoplasma: Review of Aetiology and Prevalence. Reviews in Medical Microbiology.2007, 18,1-3.
29. Eperythrozoon infection identified in an unknown aetiology anaemia patient.Annals of Microbiology. 2007,57,467-469
Address: 800 Dongchuan RD. Minhang District, Shanghai, China Copyright © 2010 Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Support by： Wei Cheng