Innovative technologies and ingredients for the production of sustainable and healthy foods
Prof. Dr. Henry Jäger，University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna
Prof. Jaeger is the member of FAO/WHO Codex Alimentarius Commission and Codex Alimentarius Austriacus Commission. He is the Editorial Board Member of Frontiers in Nutrition: Nutrition and Food Science Technology, and Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies.
Prof. Jaeger’s research field is food technology with a focus on food preservation technology.
Current projects include:
- Cereal Science and Technology, Gluten free products
- Recovery of bioactive compounds from plant raw materials
- Processing concepts for new raw materials (e.g. pseudocereals, edible insects)
- Sustainable food production and use of by-products
- Formulation, drying and agglomeration technology
- Non-thermal food processing and preservation